Lyrical Kids Books is currently accepting applications for our KiDS PUBLISHiNG MENTORSHiP PROGRAM.
The structure of our program is that each young writer accepted into our program will work alongside writing mentor, Lorrie Holmes, on weekly lessons and projects that she assigns with the end goal being to complete a manuscript for publication at Lyrical Kids Books. This manuscript will then be offered for download in our online store ViEW STORE here. Further, a printed version of the book will be offered for order taking in our school catalogue. Each young author will be given a writer’s contract with Lyrical Kids Books and be given writer’s royalties for each sale. 10% of each sale will also be donated to a charity of choice that is chosen by the young author. The author will further write an article about the reason they chose this charity which will be published in our blog, KiDS NEWS & REViEWS which you can view here. ViEW LiNK here. More details about this program will be made available to applicants that are shortlisted.
If you are interested in applying to this program, please complete the following information in a short story format about yourself. If you would like, you can also complete this in the form of a graphic story with illustrations and text that answer each of the following questions:
- Your full name.
- Your age.
- What grade you are in.
- Tell what about your writing experiences. What what you done with your writing voice so far?
- Describe yourself to me and what make you, YOU (think about your experiences, your interests, your family and culture, etc…)
- Tell me why you would like to create a book with me.
- What sort of a book would you like to create – genre and short description (Think about the 5 W’s; Who, What, Where, When and Why).
- What is your favourite charity and why?
Send your applications to editor/publisher, Lorrie Holmes, at firstname.lastname@example.org